Tuesday, May 02, 2006

On the move

I'm still working off the momentum that started rolling the minute I got home. We spent part 1 of our weekend with Brook in Blacksburg, VA and part 2 back here at a first communion party where I got to see piles of family friends who I've not seen for 4 years. One of the other highlights was the fact that my dad flew us to Blacksburg. Literally. Dad's managed to get his pilot license in the less-than-a-year since he's retired. So the three of us piled in a tiny Cessna and before anyone even had to say "go" (or "flight attendants prepare for take-off"), we were in the air. It was really, really cool (and so is my dad). Once Mom and I get over the need to announce into the headsets the need for "everyone" to "store their tray tables", etc., it may start to feel more normal to be in such a small plane.

A Plea: My crazy family (see above), has decided to run the Great Midwest Relay, a 12-person relay starting in Madison, WI one day and ending in Chicago, IL the next. Our problem (besides the fact that we're obviously off our collective rockers): we are one crazy person short. Our team of brother, aunt, friend, aunt's father.... is only 11. We need one more runner! So, if there is anyone out there that fancies a little jog through the midwest in June... please, please let me know (this week!). Hoping, hoping to hear from someone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i run on my crutches? :-) sounds like waaaay too much fun!