Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sneak Peak of Summer

This weekend I got a fabulous glimpse of what above freezing is like. At this moment I'm sitting on the floor in the airport in Sacramento, California where it is distinctly and enviably WAY over 32 degrees. It was more than a little lovely to run in a t-shirt (and my running skirt) yesterday- Out Side. Truly delicious. I know there are people (my husband, my uncle Art) who swear life would be better lived in a climate that didn't include winter (or even fall or spring), but I remain unconvinced for the exact reaction I had to this weather treat of California. Would I really be able to appreciate the soul warming, nasal drip busting, color-in-your cheeks producing climate contrast if I lived in summer 365 days a year? My answer is a no. I promise you I was the only one raving about the weather all weekend. All those spoiled Califonia-ites were just going through their Saturdays like every other Saturday... albeit a little gratefull the rain had stopped. But ME? I was absolutely thrilled, postively thanking God Above for the day and a couple halves that I could go outside without my lungs shrinking up in pain from inhaling the ice crystal air of Detroit.

I just love that holiday weather can get me through an entire Michigan February. And I am undeniably happy to have another warm weather trip planned for next weekend. Because now the thought of heading back home where everyone is looking forward to the temperature climbing *just* above freezing tomorrow for the first time since January... is not a happy one at all.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie :)
It's way over 32degree here in Japan too. I just came back from Canada. I'm on vacation now^^
have a good weekend in CA!! The wedding must be beautiful!!

Ai

Unknown said...

wait a sec, it says to the left that you're a dog owner... have I missed something?

jaclyn said...

Nope- says I "want" to be a dog-owner.